Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Medicines for acne

Hi there.

I have done some research about acne medicines. I would like to share with you some of the mdicines that definately work for acne. Please remember that the names that you will see here are not actually the names of the medicines but the SALT or CONTENTS present in the tablets. This is necessary because in different countries the same tablets with the same salts or contents will have different name. By doing a simple search online, you can find out the name of the particular medicine in your country.

Ok, here goes:

AZITHROMYCIN TABLETS 500mg: I was asked to have this 3 times a week and after dinner. (Prefereably Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)

FLUCONAZOLE TABLETS 200mg: I was asked to have this once a week and before breakfast. This should be taken on the day in which you are going to have the above tablet also i.e fluconazole tablets in the morning and azithromycin in the evening. (Preferably Monday)

CLINDAMYCIN PHOSPHATE GEL + HYDROCORTISONE ACETATE CREAM: These two should be applied together by first mixing them in equal proportions and applying on the affected area. To be applied every night before sleeping.

These medicines really affected me and all my acne is now gone. Please do not use them without consulting the doctor first.

This is for mild to moderate acne. I will soon be including the medicines for severe acne.

If you have any other medicines I would like to hear from you.

Happy acne free days!!!!!

POST ON 11 MAY 2009

Last week I visited the doctor and he prescribed to me a medicine which, according to him, can cure acne for sure. He seemed quite sure that it would work so I decided to try it. Its called Acutret. This medicine has different names in different countries but the salt in the medicine is the same. Its called Acutret in India, Roaccutane in Australia and Accutane in USA.

Lets talk a little about the salt in the medicine. Its Isotretinoin. This salt causes the glands in your body which release oil (reason for oily skin) to stop releasing this oil. In result, this causes drying of skin and lips. This medicine is known to cause birth defects in pregnant women.

From today onwards I will post weekly effects of roaccutane (acutret) on my body and acne. If anybody wants to know anything else please leave a comment.

MAY 18

Its my first week using roaccutane. WOW. I don't know what to say. My acne has not improved at all but actually becoming worse. There are some side effects like headaches (minor and occational) and feeling of weakness. On my first day, I went for my part time job after having this medicine in the morning. After 4 hours I was literally fighting to stay awake. After 8 hours I left work and came home to lie down. I thought "What is wrong with me? Why am I feeling so exhausted and sleepy? What did I eat or do that is causing this? Yep there was the answer, ROACCUTANE. Well that was the end of day one. The second day was like any other day. I had classes and then work. It was all fine.




It was like the body had somehow adapted to the medicine's side-effect of weakness. Well today there was another side effect showing its ugly face. Dry skin, particularly lips. I expected this to happen so it was not a shock. Most of the weeks went by with no change in acne but dry skin and lips for the entire week.

See you next week.


9 comments:

  1. love this advice....actually worked for me...thanx a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tel me what was the result of your medicine course as my doctor has prescribed me ACUTRET and i am not sure about starting it...so please help me with your results

    ReplyDelete
  3. are u alive???????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually this medicine first dry skin and then lips and then acne. Because i have already used it now my face is much more beautiful than before , because of new skin and also it prevents from scarring on skin.
    Thanks to the doctor and the medicine

    ReplyDelete
  5. isoaret/autret is a good medicine which cured my acne but there is lot of side effect like headache/night eye vision which i am having till date after stoping medicene 5 years back . so choose your self beuty or ready to live with side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Even i am suffering from mild to moderate acne and my doctor prescribed me
    Adapalene + Clindamycin Gel to be used in night
    Fash Face wash
    Sebamed Clear gel as moisturizer
    along with all these Acutret 5 mg for 10 days after lunch.
    And now my acne are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Biogenesis product seems to be no different from other similarly-named products (eg Diamaxol) for which there isn't much evidence, just a bunch of herbs and vitamins shoved together in a bottle. kjop norge

    ReplyDelete